September 9, 2022 | Sexton Real Estate Group
Are you thinking of putting on an open house? If so, you’re in luck! In this article, we will provide you with some tips and tricks to help make your event a success. Open houses can be a great way to generate leads and sell homes, but only if they are done correctly. Follow these tips, and you’ll be able to put on a successful open house that will help your business grow!
- Make sure that you choose the right day and time for your event. You’ll want to avoid days when there are other big events happening in your area, as this will likely draw people away from your open house. Instead, try to choose a day during the week or on a weekend when people are more likely to be free. Additionally, you’ll want to pick a time of day that is convenient for potential buyers. Late afternoon or early evening tend to be the best times, as people are usually getting off work around then and they’ll have time to come by before dinner.
- Advertise your event properly. Make sure that you post flyers and signs around town so that people are aware of your open house. You can also promote your event online, through social media or by emailing your list of potential buyers. The more people you can get to come to your open house, the better chance you have of selling a home.
- Make sure that your property is in top condition before the event. This means cleaning up any clutter, making minor repairs, and maybe even doing some staging. Remember, first impressions are everything! If potential buyers come into your home and it’s a mess, they’re likely to turn around and leave immediately. However, if they see a clean and well-kept home, they’ll be much more likely to stick around and take a closer look.
- Have plenty of food and drinks available. This may seem like a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many open houses lack in this department. Having refreshments available will make people feel more comfortable and welcome in your home, which could lead to a sale.
- Provide entertainment. This can be anything from music to games to door prizes. Anything that you can do to make your open house more fun and engaging will help draw people in and keep them there longer.
- Have a plan for follow-up. After the open house is over, you’ll want to make sure that you follow up with each and every person who came through. Send them an email or give them a call to thank them for coming, and be sure to answer any questions that they may have. This is a great way to build relationships with potential buyers and turn them into actual clients.
- Relax and have fun! Open houses can be stressful, but if you follow these tips, you’ll be able to put on a successful event that will help your business grow. Just remember to enjoy yourself, and the rest will fall into place.
5 Reasons You Should Host an Open House
1. It provides an opportunity for potential buyers and sellers to meet in person. This is a great way to get to know your customers and learn more about their needs. It also allows you to build rapport and gain trust.
2. It gives you the chance to get feedback from potential customers. This is valuable information that can help you improve your business. It can also help you identify any areas where you need to make changes.
3. Another reason to hold an open house is that it generates leads. This is a great way to market your business and find new customers. Open houses are often advertised in local newspapers and online, so they can reach a wide audience.
4. It builds buzz around your business. This can help you attract more customers and generate more sales.
5. The final reason to hold an open house is that it’s fun! It’s a great way to socialize and meet new people. Hosting an open house can be a great way to build relationships with potential customers and learn more about their needs.
If you’re on the fence about hosting an open house, consider these five reasons why it could be a great move for your business. An open house is a perfect opportunity to showcase your property to potential buyers and give them a chance to learn more about what you have to offer. And if you need help getting ready for your open house, our team of experts are here to help. Contact us today to get started!
Are You Looking to Invest in Real Estate in Northern California?
The top real estate agency in Northern California, Sexton Group Real Estate | Property Management in Berkeley, California is a boutique real estate company specializing in residential sales for properties throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. To better serve our clients we have three local offices, one in the heart of picturesque Berkeley, one near downtown Oakland and the third in the heart of historic Lafayette, California. The Sexton Group encompasses the essence of Berkeley’s charm, Oakland’s history and Lafayette’s family-oriented vibe all with a relaxed, down-to-earth nature. We are an amazing group of real estate agents whose wealth of experience spans more than 25 years in the industry. Looking to buy a home in Contra Costa or Alameda County? Contact us today for your free consultation!