561 Merriewood Drive, Lafayette, California 94549, United States
Burton Valley Elementary School is located in Lafayette, California, 20 miles east of San Francisco. They are part of the Lafayette School District, which also includes Happy Valley Elementary, Lafayette School, Springhill School, and Stanley Middle School.
Our Students are prepared to be creative, responsible, productive citizens in an ever-changing society.
We embrace rigorous, comprehensive curriculum to provide a quality education in a safe and nurturing environment. We commit to meet the needs of all students, to foster continuous learning and promote respect.
In the 2020-2021 school year, Burton Valley will continue to focus on Monthly Read Alouds. They will continue to focus on character, but will also focus on diversity, equity and inclusion. They're going to share a complete list of books at Back To School Night.
At Burton Valley, they believe that kindness is the roof supported by the pillars of their character. To be kind, one has to be trustworthy, respectful, responsible, fair, caring and a good citizen. Every couple of weeks, they learn about a different character trait and show how it relates to their school's focus on kindness. This year, they focus more closely on each of the pillars and will use new words to recognize our students. They are: courage, hard work/perseverance, optimism, integrity, cooperation and sympathy. Together, these words represent the word CHOICE....which, together, will continue to guide their students to choose kindness and make the right choice.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Commitment
All families that choose the Hybrid In-Person Instruction Model will be asked to sign a Family Compact Letter documenting their commitment to comply with health and safety requirements consistent with state and county health guidance.
In this model, the following safety protocols must be followed.
- All students will be required to wear masks.
- Students will bring their own masks. Disposable masks are available at each school site.
- All members of staff, including teachers, will be required to wear masks.
- Families must perform symptom checks at home every day before entering the campus.
- Students will be dropped off every morning and go to class independently. Parents will not be allowed to walk to classrooms for students.Non-essential visitors are not allowed on campus.
- Learning spaces will be set up with 4 to 6 feet distancing between students.
- Classrooms and school facilities will be sanitized every day.
- Use of personal devices or District issued Chromebooks and daily use of Google Classroom and SeeSaw will continue.
- Signage will be used to support physical distancing and proper hygiene practices in addition to a wide array of other measures, which are being taken to keep our students and employees safe.